World Championship Grand Final Budapest
Budapest hosted the 2010 Dextro Energy Triathlon - ITU Triathlon World Championship Grand Final, 8-12 September.
- Alistair Brownlee saw his world title go to Javier Gomez but ended the season on a high with a win following a close battle with Gomez throughout the 10km run.
- Jonathan Brownlee added the U23 title to the the World Sprint title he won in August in Lausanne. He won in style, having plenty of time to celebrate over the finishing line. He claimed the title that his brother alos won in Vancouver in 2008.
- Helen Jenkins was disappointed with seventh place, but it was enough to secure her fourth place in the world rankings.
- Vicky Holland had the best performance of her career to finish sixth. She also ended the year ranked eight in the world.
- Tom Bishop was nearly unable to race following a bike crash in Spain in the final days before the event. However, he claimed a fantastic silver medal in the junior men's event.
- Tim Don crashed during the first lap of the bike course, hitting a bump in the road and crashing dramatically alongside tram tracks. He was forced to retire from the race, but fortunately sustained no serious injuries.