Steven Judge Print this profile
|DOB||05 May 1973 (age 40)|
2010 and 2011 Tata Steel British Triathlon Male Paratriathlete of the Year
Steven was born in Kings Langley, Hemel Hempstead and spent much of the 1990s travelling. He visited places such as Canada, America, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand. It was a trip to San Francisco that introduced him to triathlon through watching the ‘Escape from Alcatraz’ Triathlon. He said: “I was so impressed that I got my photo taken with the winner ‘Mike Pigg’. Maybe this experience planted a seed in my head?”
He is a member of Sheffield Triathlon Club and Killamarsh Kestrels, a local running club with a range of runners at different levels. He is a member of the 2012 British Triathlon Paratriathlon Performance Programme.
“In 2009 I set myself a challenge of completing a triathlon, even with my disability. BTF were a great help in classifying me and entering me in the paratriathlon British Championships. My dedicated and painful training for this event paid off when I won the Gold medal in my category. Due to the enthusiasm of the other paratriathletes and the BTF staff that I had met and talked to, I was persuaded into competing in the other three events of the year including the world Championships…I was hooked.”
“My disability is due to a car accident that happened in 2002 where I got both of my legs crushed and was told I may never walk again. I compete in TRI 3 – (Les Autre) and my profile is ‘20’ which states I am able to walk and run but both legs are impaired which effects each discipline in the triathlon.
“The ultimate will be to win the Paralympic gold medal in the Rio games in 2016. Game on!”
“My family are a very sporty. My late Dad played Rugby Union at a very high level and my Mum trained to teach dance. My Brother and Sister are also very active with my brother excelling at distance running.”
Steven Judge Latest ITU events...
- 11th Sep 20132013 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final London2nd
- 13th Jul 20132013 GBR Paratriathlon National Championships1st
- 14th Jun 20132013 Alanya ETU Triathlon European Championships2nd
- 20th Oct 20122012 Barfoot&Thompson World Triathlon Grand Final Auckland1st
- 17th Oct 20122012 Auckland ITU Aquathlon World Championships1st
- 20th Apr 20122012 Eilat ETU Triathlon European Championships2nd
- 9th Sep 20112011 Dextro Energy Triathlon - ITU World Championship Grand Final Beijing1st
- 6th Aug 20112011 Dextro Energy Triathlon - ITU World Championship Series London1st
- 24th Jun 20112011 Pontevedra ETU Triathlon European Championships1st
- 24th Jul 20102010 Dextro Energy Triathlon - ITU World Championship Series London1st
- 3rd Jul 20102010 Athlone ETU Triathlon European Championships2nd
Steven Judge Latest News...
2013Largest ever paratriathlon squad set for ETU European Champs
2011Helen Jenkins and Alistair Brownlee celebrate Olympic Athlete of the Year Award
2011Chrissie Wellington MBE celebrates at British Triathlon Annual Awards
2011Triathlon workforce celebrated at British Triathlon Annual Awards
2011Triathlon clubs and events celebrated at British Triathlon Annual Awards
2011British Triathlon celebrate age-group success at Annual Awards
2011Jane Egan and Steven Judge celebrate paratriathlon success
2011Britain’s paratriathletes win four world titles
2011New era for Britain’s Paratriathletes on eve of world championships
2011Triathletes target gold in Beijing this weekend