Phil Hogg Print this profile
European Champion 2013
|DOB||03 Dec 1969 (age 44)|
Phil was recruited to Paratriathlon via a British Triathlon Talent IT initiative. He is one on the finest wheelchair racers in the country.
Phil broke his back in 1991 after being involved in a cycling accident. This left him paralysed from the waist down.
His achievements in a racing chair include 3rd at the Bupa Great North Run 2012 and 1st Bupa Great Birmingham Run in 2010,11 and 12. He also has 13 caps as a GB international wheelchair basketball player.
He was new to the squad in 2013 and won his first ever triathlon - the ETU European Championships. He also won the national title at the British Championships Liverpool.
Phil is part of the 2014 World Class funded British Paratriathlon programme.
Follow Phil on Twitter @wheelyphil
Coach: Steve Casson
Coaches view on Phil: "Dedicated, motivated and a great application to training/racing."
What motivates you? Rio 2016, to be the best, being a good role model, and my family
Family: Wife, Sarah, and children Sam and Grace
Key Results: Won the ETU Paratriathlon in June 2013, the event was his first ever triathlon. Won British Paratriathlon title in July 2013 in Liverpool.
Phil Hogg Latest ITU events...
- 20th Jun 20142014 Kitzbühel ETU Triathlon European Championships2nd
- 31st May 20142014 London ITU World Paratriathlon Event2nd
- 17th May 20142014 Yokohama ITU World Paratriathlon Event1st
- 11th Sep 20132013 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final London4th
- 13th Jul 20132013 GBR Paratriathlon National Championships1st
- 14th Jun 20132013 Alanya ETU Triathlon European Championships1st