Mark Buckingham Print this profile
|DOB||04 May 1985 (age 29)|
|Hometown||Holmfirth / Leeds|
Mark comes from a steeplechase background, having been pipped to a place in the England team for the 2006 Commonwealth Games by fellow elite triathlete, Adam Bowden.
He was recruited to triathlon through the 2010 trigold scheme and trained full time in Loughborough until 2014, when he moved to Leeds.
In 2011 Mark took top spot at the British Elite Duathlon Championships in Loughborough. He repeated this in 2012 and 2013, securring the national title three years in a row. In 2014 he won the British elite standard distance title in Windsor.
Mark made his ITU World Triathlon Series debut in Kitzbuhel in July 2012, and competed in the Grand Final in Auckland in October.
Mark's biggest career win to date was the ITU World Cup in Palamos, Spain, in July 2013. He escaped on the bike and held on to a lead for most of the run until he was caught in the closing stages, only to break away again and claim the victory.
Mark is part of the UK Sport Lottery funded British Triathlon World Class Squad and receives additional funding from Barrie Well and the Well Sports Foundation. Mark is coached by Jack Maitland and Malcolm Brown in Leeds.
Follow Mark on Twitter @TriBucko.
Mark Buckingham Latest ITU events...
- 27th Sep 20142014 Alanya ITU Triathlon World Cup30th
- 9th Aug 20142014 Tiszaujvaros ITU Triathlon World Cup15th
- 27th Jul 20142014 Banyoles ETU Triathlon European Cup1st
- 12th Jul 20142014 ITU World Triathlon Hamburg23rd
- 31st May 20142014 ITU World Triathlon London38th
- 26th Apr 20142014 ITU World Triathlon Cape Town45th
- 6th Apr 20142014 ITU World Triathlon AucklandDNF
- 6th Oct 20132013 Cozumel ITU Triathlon World Cup14th
- 29th Sep 20132013 Alicante ITU Triathlon World Cup9th
- 11th Sep 20132013 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final London58th
- 24th Aug 20132013 ITU World Triathlon StockholmDNF
- 10th Aug 20132013 Tiszaujvaros ITU Triathlon World Cup11th
- 14th Jul 20132013 Palamos ITU Triathlon World Cup1st
- 6th Jul 20132013 ITU World Triathlon Kitzbuehel50th
- 11th May 20132013 ITU World Triathlon Yokohama15th
- 19th Apr 20132013 ITU World Triathlon San Diego24th
- 1st Jan 20132013 GBR Duathlon National Championships1st
- 20th Oct 20122012 Barfoot&Thompson World Triathlon Grand Final Auckland29th
- 22nd Sep 20122012 Nancy ITU Duathlon World Championships11th
- 22nd Sep 20122012 Nancy ITU Duathlon World Championships4th
- 25th Aug 20122012 Karlovy Vary ITU Triathlon European Cup17th
- 6th Jul 20122012 Edmonton ITU Triathlon World Cup21st
- 23rd Jun 20122012 ITU World Triathlon Kitzbuehel36th
- 17th Jun 20122012 Banyoles ITU Triathlon World Cup4th
- 20th Apr 20122012 Eilat ETU Triathlon European Championships15th
- 7th Apr 20122012 Larache ITU Sprint Triathlon African Cup26th
- 3rd Mar 20122012 Salinas ITU Triathlon Premium Pan American Cup2nd
- 26th Feb 20122012 Lima ITU Triathlon Premium Pan American Cup9th
- 1st Jan 20122012 GBR Duathlon National Championships1st
- 24th Sep 20112011 Gijon ITU Duathlon World Championships20th
- 21st Aug 20112011 Karlovy Vary ITU Triathlon European Cup10th
- 24th Jul 20112011 Geneva ITU Triathlon European Cup8th
- 29th May 20112011 Brasschaat ITU Triathlon Premium European Cup41st
- 17th Apr 20112011 Limerick ETU Duathlon European Championships6th
- 3rd Apr 20112011 Antalya ITU Triathlon European Cup42nd
- 3rd Sep 20102010 Edinburgh ITU Duathlon World Championships30th
- 30th Apr 20102010 Nancy ETU Duathlon European ChampionshipsDNSth
Mark Buckingham Latest News...
2014Buckingham and Pallant top the elite podium at London Triathlon
2014Buckingham wins in Banyoles
2014Buckingham and Pallant win in Windsor
2013Hall and Buckingham feature at Cozumel World Cup
2013Buckingham wins in Palamos
2013Mark Buckingham makes it a hat-trick of wins at Prestwold
2011St Albans Triathletes get an early Christmas present from the GB Triathlon Team
2011British Triathlon confirms World Class programme for Olympic year
2011Helen Jenkins and Alistair Brownlee celebrate Olympic Athlete of the Year Award
2011Chrissie Wellington MBE celebrates at British Triathlon Annual Awards