Jane Egan Print this profile
|DOB||25 Aug 1970 (age 43)|
|Hometown||Kilbarchan, near Glasgow|
Jane was new to triathlon in 2009 but became a World and European Champion in 2010 - she was recognised for this spectacular breakthrough by being voted British Triathlon's female Paratriathlete of the Year for 2010. She followed this up with another great year in 2011 and was once again voted British Triathlon's female Paratriathlete of the Year in 2011.
She was selected for the British squad unexpectedly when she went to be classified as a Tri1 Paratriathlete. She did her first triathlon in 2009 and 2010 was her first full season.
Jane has a rare neurological disorder affecting her central and peripheral nervous systems, which means she experiences pain and loses muscle control.
- 2012, 2011 and 2010 European Champion
- 2013, 2011 and 2010 World Champion
- 2010 Tata Steel British Triathlon Female Paratriathlete of the Year
220 Triathlon Awards Paratriathlete of the Year 2011
Jane Egan Latest ITU events...
- 5th Jul 20142014 Iseo - Franciacorta ITU World Paratriathlon Event1st
- 20th Jun 20142014 Kitzbühel ETU Triathlon European Championships2nd
- 31st May 20142014 London ITU World Paratriathlon Event1st
- 17th May 20142014 Yokohama ITU World Paratriathlon Event1st
- 11th Sep 20132013 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final London1st
- 13th Jul 20132013 GBR Paratriathlon National Championships1st
- 14th Jun 20132013 Alanya ETU Triathlon European Championships1st
- 20th Oct 20122012 Barfoot&Thompson World Triathlon Grand Final Auckland2nd
- 17th Oct 20122012 Auckland ITU Aquathlon World Championships1st
- 20th Apr 20122012 Eilat ETU Triathlon European Championships1st
- 9th Sep 20112011 Dextro Energy Triathlon - ITU World Championship Grand Final Beijing1st
- 6th Aug 20112011 Dextro Energy Triathlon - ITU World Championship Series London1st
- 24th Jun 20112011 Pontevedra ETU Triathlon European Championships1st
- 8th Sep 20102010 Dextro Energy Triathlon - ITU Triathlon World Championship Grand Final Budapest1st
- 24th Jul 20102010 Dextro Energy Triathlon - ITU World Championship Series London2nd
- 3rd Jul 20102010 Athlone ETU Triathlon European Championships1st
Jane Egan Latest News...
2014Three Paratriathlon golds in Italy
2011Helen Jenkins and Alistair Brownlee celebrate Olympic Athlete of the Year Award
2011Chrissie Wellington MBE celebrates at British Triathlon Annual Awards
2011Triathlon workforce celebrated at British Triathlon Annual Awards
2011Triathlon clubs and events celebrated at British Triathlon Annual Awards
2011British Triathlon celebrate age-group success at Annual Awards
2011Jane Egan and Steven Judge celebrate paratriathlon success
20112011 Sunday Times Sportswomen of the Year Awards
2011Britain’s paratriathletes win four world titles
2011New era for Britain’s Paratriathletes on eve of world championships