Adam Bowden Print this profile
|DOB||05 Aug 1982 (age 31)|
Adam has been competing at national standard in athletics and swimming since he was very young, having represented Great Britain and England at cross country and on the track and road. Adam also swam for his county. Adam specialised in the 3k steeplechase and was the British National Champion and Olympic trials winner in 2008. He was 9th in the 3k steeplechase in the 2006 Commonwealth Games.
Knowing that the steeplechase is globally dominated by the Kenyans, Adam was seeking a new challenge to become successful on the world stage when he decided to move to the triathlon in 2008. He was accepted as a member of the trigold programme, British Triathlon's talent identification programme, entirely funded by Barrie Well, that aims to fast track athletes into becoming world class triathletes.
After a successful year of working with coach Rick Valeti at British Triathlon's National Performance Centre at Loughborough University, Adam was invited to join the World Class Performance Programme in 2010 - and trains full time in Loughborough with coach, Mark Pearce. He had a breakthrough race in September 2011 with 7th in the World Championship Series Yokohama.
A keen Arsenal supporter, Adam is also a qualified swimming teacher and is confident that he has the skills and passion to help inspire the younger generation to become involved in sport.
Adam raced for the GE Great Britain Team at the 2010 GE Edinburgh ITU Duathlon World Championships 3rd - 5th September 2010, where he finished 7th - see http://www.edinburghduathlon2010.com.
Adam is part of the UK Sport Lottery Funded British Triathlon Olympic Academy Squad, coached by Mark Pearce.
Adam Bowden Latest ITU events...
- 11th Sep 20132013 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final London54th
- 24th Aug 20132013 ITU World Triathlon StockholmDNF
- 20th Jul 20132013 ITU World Triathlon Hamburg33rd
- 14th Jun 20132013 Alanya ETU Triathlon European Championships11th
- 11th May 20132013 ITU World Triathlon Yokohama8th
- 19th Apr 20132013 ITU World Triathlon San Diego6th
- 1st Jan 20132013 GBR Duathlon National Championships2nd
- 20th Oct 20122012 Barfoot&Thompson World Triathlon Grand Final Auckland33rd
- 29th Sep 20122012 ITU World Triathlon Yokohama6th
- 25th Aug 20122012 ITU World Triathlon Stockholm21st
- 21st Jul 20122012 Dextro Energy World Triathlon Hamburg47th
- 6th Jul 20122012 Edmonton ITU Triathlon World Cup6th
- 17th Jun 20122012 Banyoles ITU Triathlon World Cup5th
- 10th May 20122012 ITU World Triathlon San Diego37th
- 20th Apr 20122012 Eilat ETU Triathlon European Championships14th
- 7th Apr 20122012 Larache ITU Sprint Triathlon African Cup5th
- 3rd Mar 20122012 Clermont ITU Sprint Triathlon Pan American Cup5th
- 26th Feb 20122012 Lima ITU Triathlon Premium Pan American Cup4th
- 19th Sep 20112011 Dextro Energy Triathlon - ITU World Championship Series Yokohama7th
- 9th Sep 20112011 Dextro Energy Triathlon - ITU World Championship Grand Final Beijing40th
- 14th Aug 20112011 Tiszaujvaros ITU Triathlon World Cup7th
- 6th Aug 20112011 Dextro Energy Triathlon - ITU World Championship Series London32nd
- 4th Jun 20112011 Dextro Energy Triathlon - ITU World Championship Series Madrid58th
- 9th Apr 20112011 Dextro Energy Triathlon - ITU World Championship Series Sydney49th
- 26th Mar 20112011 Mooloolaba ITU Triathlon World Cup29th
- 23rd Jan 20112011 Roatan ITU Triathlon Pan American Cup3rd
- 16th Jan 20112011 La Paz ITU Triathlon Pan American Cup2nd
- 9th Jan 20112011 Vina del Mar ITU Triathlon Pan American Cup9th
- 24th Oct 20102010 Alanya ITU Triathlon Premium European Cup5th
- 3rd Sep 20102010 Edinburgh ITU Duathlon World Championships7th
- 21st Aug 20102010 Lausanne ITU Elite Sprint Triathlon World Championships52nd
- 15th Aug 20102010 Geneva ITU Triathlon European Cup2nd
- 8th Aug 20102010 Tiszaujvaros ITU Triathlon World Cup10th
- 10th Jul 20102010 Holten ITU Triathlon World Cup12th
- 12th Jun 20102010 Pontevedra ITU Triathlon Premium European Cup21st
- 23rd May 20102010 Strathclyde ITU Triathlon European Cup5th
- 26th Sep 20092009 Concord ITU Duathlon World Championships15th
Adam Bowden Latest News...
2013Bowden eleventh as Austin wins junior bronze
2013Alistair Brownlee records stylish San Diego victory
2012Bowden and McNamee in Yokohama top ten
2012Adam Bowden and Seonaid Thompson crowned British Triathlon Super Series Champions
2011British Triathlon confirms World Class programme for Olympic year
2011Jenkins sixth in Yokohama and Bowden breaks through
2011World Champions in action this weekend
2011Brown praises inspirational GE Great Britain Triathlon Team
2011Alistair Brownlee Crowned World Champion
2011Triathletes target gold in Beijing this weekend